Sunday, August 15, 2010

Friday The 13th!



Jason! the icon for friday the 13! has become a day where is to believe all misfortune and dark cloud to appear on everybody. A day where horror is believe to strike, and to top it off this friday the 13 is also in the month of the chinese believe as the ghost month, where the gates of hell opens up and all the disturb souls of the under world comes lurking on the living world.

Well if i were to believe in such superstitious, I would have categories my experience of friday the 13 as the most unfortunate day for me. Sadly I do not believe in such, I would consider mine base on the famous quote of "every cloud has a silver lining". The story of my Friday goes as such.

It was 7.00am and I needed to rub those sleepy-ness out of my eyes, as I needed to send my brother to school and head down to college for my morning class. When walked into the bathroom to have my bath, the water heater choose to break down on that very morning where is was also raining heavily the previous night, leading to icy cold water the next morning. Well 1st misfortune of the day. Surprisingly, the drive on the way to drop my brother off to school, not a single road traffic at all, it was a nice smooth sunday like drive, which I would say was the silver lining from the misfortune of the water heater in the morning.

Next misfortune came in when i reach college. I was in the canteen having my morning breakfast when I saw my head of school walking towards my way and with much respect for her, I raise my hand and greet her to cheerful Good Morning. She stop at my table and had a conversation with me that goes:

Me: Good Morning Miss Jenny!!!
Jenny: Good morning, so early today ar??
Me: ya! got morning class and need to hand up assignment also.
Jenny: whose class? and what subject?
Me: feature writing class lo, with Mr Chan!
Jenny: OH!! MR CHAN AR!? He just called in and say he will be late so just ask your class mate to wait around ok?
Me: oh I see alright no problem.

So she left me to my breakfast and came back to me after 10 minutes.

Jenny: BENEDICT! Mr Chan say he is canceling class, as his house is flooded and he is stuck.
Me: OH wonderful. thanks for info Miss Jenny

Well the second misfortune, up and ready for college and class just cancel on your attendance. Well what the hack I had a silver lining to it as well, it very rare for me to be up this early and at last i got a chance to go for a second dim sum breakfast later with Benny and Kin.

After the wonderful filling breakfast i head home on the way picking up my bro back from school as it was friday school finished early. As soon I was home, i went for a wonderful nap, full tummy + awesome cooling weather = wonderful napping time. So not to waste such good combination i had a good 5 hours sleep before waking up to attend my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary at starview restaurant located at new world park. Yet again it was food and a good meal, and when it was time to leave, my grandpa handed me the car keys as he needed me to drive due to his consumption of alcohol. Once done paying the parking ticket, I came to realise, that the car key was missing from the ring, as I was holding only the alarm control and my house key. Well it was time to set a search party looking for the key, but failed to locate any around the area. So came in the third misfortune for me, my mom had to take my grandparents home and I had to wait at new world park for the spare key to arrive to that I can drive the car back.

Everybody was home showered and change to their PJ and I was still waiting at new world park chit chatting with the security guards there. I do thank them for helping me find my key as well. Well it was around 11.45pm when Peng Seong arrive to hand me the key! THANK GOD that he was free and could help me by bringing me the key!!!

Well my silver lining for the 3rd dark cloud that fell on me came as I step into my house with my grandma waiting for me and handed me a 50 dollar note, for my trouble of taking pictures for them and also to wait for the car key and all. I really needed some extra cash due to practices and all. So it was a day that I would believe that everything that happens to us, are not always bad. It usually contains a good reason for it to happen. Well i haven't really figured out the reasons, but I believe all the misfortune that happened to me on the very iconic friday had a cause behind it.

So, how did your friday the 13th when for you?

No comments: