Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are You that Desperate

I just do not get our local law enforces here. Alright it is not that i would want to make a whole big issue out of it, I am not here to rant just about a summon I got from the law enforces. Honestly I accept the summon at all cause, because it is not a parking spot, so by theory I am indeed on the loosing side, but what I am dissatisfied on is on our local enforces attitude.

It was a calm night, where Mr Foo invited me and the guys out for a drink with an occasion of Nick Leong's visit back to Penang, so we met up at a regular spot of ours which is esplanade. A place that many locals and tourist would flock to fill their empty stomach or just to have a beer or two. As I was saying, the place do not really have proper parking space set up, which my meaning of proper is designated place for motorist to actually park their vehicle. So usually many would park illegally. Hence it was a place that I have not receive a summon from as well.

Yet on this particular night, I receive my very first from the place. Worst of all it is on the "Ramahdan" season. Dear law enforces, are you seriously that desperate for the extra cash? why is it during this particular season all of you are up on your feet catching law breakers? with all the road blocks operating in every crook and cranny in town. It is just pathetic to know that our law enforces are doing their job whenever is near their festival celebration which is Raya and sleep during the normal seasons of the year.

It just make me wonder how twisted our law enforces are with such desperation for the extra cash is being displayed to the society. It just makes me look at these law enforces are like a working company where the boss will tell them, "alright people as you all know Raya is just around the corner, so if you can increase the rate of summons given and motorist who breaks the law, those with the highest number gets a big bonus for Raya."

Is that what the superior promise you all? I will pay my summon as every other responsible citizen would, but I have a strong feeling that this act will be put to sleep once again when the festival is over and it is back to the normal season. How can the society not break the law when there is such actions displayed by the law enforces themselves, how can we respect the law when they do not respect the law themselves.

No comments: