Sunday, May 10, 2009

Guinness With Greatness

It was mother's day eve and we decided to celebrate it with a Guinness Draught at Shenanigans. Honestly back then I didn't like Guinness Stout as it was totally the worst alcohol which I've ever consume in my entire life.

The story starts why I hated Guinness Stout back then was went I turn 17 officially and my dad issued me the license to drink. I was in my room one day went my grandpa just came in and hand me half a bottle of Guinness Stout and ask me to finish it up, so having a mindset that all beers taste the same I drank, guess what! it was the worst drink I've tasted ever! it was rough, bitter, and tasted old. So what I had to do was to dilute it with ice and just swallow it like mineral water.

Since then I've always had this mind set that all Stout or Guinness products are bad to drink, not until last year when my dad introduce to me a real Guinness Stout which is the Guinness Draught, freshly brewed from Ireland! So all I taught to myself was, it will be another bad drink to swallow once more. Nevertheless I still tried because I wasn't paying the bills.

To my most shocking reaction was when I took the first pull of it! MY GOD! it wasn't stout that I was drinking it was more of a sweet vanilla float! The form that sits on top of the pine was so smooth and creamy with its dark midnight black at the bottom just fills the pine with royalty! I fell in love with it and I even instantly join member for the 100 pine Guinness Club! Guinness Stout had been my enemy before but now with the real thing I've loved the drink!

The Guinness Draught Pine

What a caption at the Gents in the Pub! HAHA!!

Before I end this post I would like to end with a saying which I came across in the pub,

For Every Wound, .... A Balm
For Every Sorrow, .... A Cheer
For Every Storm, .... A Calm
For Every Thirst, .... A Beer

I can Resist Everything, except Temptation

No comments: