Monday, June 1, 2009

G1 G2

Alright guys this is gonna be a boring post but its actually the concept of the G1 and G2 Chinese people which was originated from Mr. Dia. Actually I totally understand and feel the same way as how Mr Dia feels.

Alright according to him G1 are the group of chinese who are born and brought up in a heavy chinese culture background and G2 are the ones who were mostly influence by the west. I usually don't really mind on this issue as it is not their fault that they were sent to chinese school and our fault to not knowing a single word of chinese when we are actually born under the race of chinese.
I atually salute those Malays or Indians who can speak and understand my origin mother tongue way better than me.

Hence, what I'm ranting about here its the treatment that we G2 chinese get from the G1 chinese people. Alright once again I'm not pin pointing anybody here and do not get much offended as every individual are different, but the majority.

I was born and brought up in a mix family of the chinese and the philipines, and my main background of culture is a mix of the west and east. I do celebrate events such as christmas and easter and also chinese new year and stuff, but the main thing about me is I was taught and influence in the culture of the english language. Which mainly leads to... I don't really understand the main language of mandarin and etc except hokkien of course.

To my experiece the G1 chinese has always looked down on us G2 chinese when they come to know we as a born chinese do not understand our own mother tongue, and they always make it seems like its the most matter a fact thing to learn the language, as they bring in nonsense points like we won't be able to get jobs, and yada yada. I just can't stand on the mind set that some of the G1 chinese have in their heads.

To my dear G1 chinese people, I do love my race but I don't see the reason why I won't be obtaining a job in future. let me ask you one simple questions my G1 friends, how many countries in the world that speaks the chinese language, as i mean the variation of the chinese language?

Let me answers that for you ok? lets see we have Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Macau, maybe Korea. Am I right? please add on if you know more. Now lets head on to the english section. The United States itself has 50 states in the country, if I'm not mistaken, speaks english, and even the Europe continents is influence by the english language.

My dear G1 friends, from here it looks like people like me are getting most of the opportunity of jobs that you who only know the chinese language. But I'm not here to shoot and to kill the chinese culture but its to make some of you realise one thing is not to look down on us to those who cant understand, read, or write in chinese. It's merely nobody's fault on the way we grew up in the world. I understand its good to know a thing or two on the main culture of our race but it shall depends on the individual themselve to have the passion on learn and to carry on the tradition.

Well i honestly hope I have not offended anyone here, as I'm just giving out my point of views about this topic, since Mr.Dia has mentioned about it in his blog.

*Sorry guys as this post does not have any visuals to entertaint*

5 comments:

Ivan Cheah said...

i consider myself a G1...but i dont hate u...no worries....but i think i might be a G1.5....im kind of influence by the western culture...i got all the western invented stuff at home...electric, phone and bla bla bla...but they are made in China...so not sure pun.. so i think i call myself G1.5 better lah

Big.Bear said...

ur a G 1.75 la! u speak more english and ur thinking is not teng lang tit! HAHAHA!!

Ivan Cheah said...

i disagree....im G1.5...i speak many types of cina... mandarin, hokkien, cantonease, hakka...did i mention i speak good english and bahasa as well! this is like a perfect resume....hahahahaha....well, from the above i think u speak english and bahasa and hokkien only! even lobak can speak mandarin...shame shame!

Big.Bear said...

ya i know that! i was send to a mandarin school! i was never educated in chinese and none of my family members speak mandarin!

Big.Bear said...

correction! i wasn't send to a chinese school